Swap a high pinion Dana 44 Ford leaf sprung axle into your Jeep Wrangler TJ/LJ, Cherokee XJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ or Comanche MJ. The TNT high pinion Dana 44 axle truss makes swapping this axle into your Jeep a breeze, and is an easy way to further strengthen your front housing and end up with beefier axle brackets and components at the same time.
The most interesting part is that our design allows you to install the truss without having to measure your mounting locations using our optional upper control arm mounts, coil buckets and trackbar mounts that are jig welded to the truss during assembly, saving you time.
To locate the axle truss, all you have to do is set the caster, then set the truss to be perpendicular to the ground and burn it home, easy enough that just about anyone can do it. We let you choose what mounts you want so that you can order your truss so that it best corresponds to your application.
This axle truss fits late 70’s Ford leaf sprung high pinion Dana 44 axle housings with ball joints only.
Please choose your mounts from the related items tab on this page. The Truss is bare of mounts unless mounts are chosen and added to the order. All mounts chosen when ordering the truss will come fully welded to the truss.
- Runs the full length of the axle
- Ships fully assembled
- Constructed of 1/4 inch steel plate
- Build a trail-ready Dana 44 axle
- Mounts are constructed of 3/16 inch steel plate
- Driver’s side & passenger’s side upper control arm mounts ship with new bushings
- Slotted coil buckets for easy wheelbase adjustment
- Coil mounts include shock & factory trackbar mounting provisions
- Trackbar mounts are available for over-the-knuckle and crossover/Hysteer applications
- Swaybar mounts constructed of 3/8 inch steel plate
- Made in the USA
- Due to the various mounting options, available trusses are built to order, so please allow 15-20 business days before shipping
- Requires removal of factory upper control arm mounts and coil mounts
- Requires welding for installation
- We strongly recommend using a certified welder for any welding tasks
- The product received may differ from the product pictured
- Not recommended for use with factory control arms
- Disclaimer regarding wheelbase changes: TNT is not responsible for the incompatibility or failure of another manufacturer’s control arms. TNT recommends checking with your suspension manufacturer regarding the compatibility of their control arms before performing any wheelbase changes.