Swap a 1978-79 high pinion Dana 60 arm axle into your Jeep TJ, LJ, XJ, ZJ or MJ. The TNT High Pinion Dana 60 Axle Truss makes swapping this axle into your Jeep a breeze, and is an easy way to further strengthen your front housing and end up with beefier axle brackets and components at the same time! The most interesting part is that our design allows you to install the truss without having to measure your mount locations using our optional upper control arm mounts, coil buckets and trackbar mounts, which are jig welded to the truss during assembly, saving you time.
The truss comes bare of mounts unless mounts are ordered.
To locate the axle truss, all you have to do is set caster, then set the truss perpendicular to the ground and burn it home, easy enough that just about anyone can do it. We let you choose what mounts you want so that you can order your truss so that it best corresponds to your application.
All mounts chosen when the truss is ordered will be welded to the truss.
This truss is designed to fit 1978-79 High Pinion Dana 60 housings only.
Why doesn’t TNT manufacture an axle truss for 80 and newer Ford Dana 60 axles? The main reason for this is that in 1980 Ford widened their truck frames and when doing so they moved the Dana 60 differential approximately 4 Inches closer to the drivers side knuckle. Unfortunately, this puts part of the differential housing where the coil mount needs to go in a Jeep TJ,LJ,XJ,MJ or ZJ. Having the differential moved over also causes some potential clearance issues with most aftermarket driver’s side control arms and the Dana 60’s pinion.
- Truss constructed of 1/4 inch steel plate
- Driver’s side and passenger’s side upper control arm mounts include new bushings
- Slotted coil buckets for easy wheelbase adjustment
- Coil mounts include shock & factory trackbar mounting provisions
- Trackbar mounts are available for over-the-knuckle and crossover/Hysteer applications
- Ships pre-assembled.
- Swaybar mounts are constructed of 3/8 inch steel plate
- Made in the USA
- Due to the various mounting options available, trusses are built to order, so please allow 15-20 business days before shipping
- The product received may differ from the pictures shown
- All of our trusses require welding to install. We strongly recommend using a certified welder for any welding tasks
- TNT High Clearance Lower Control Arm mounts leave nothing below the axle tube and offer improved suspension geometry (adjustable lower control arms are required)
- Over the knuckle or Hysteer trackbar mounts, upper control arm mounts and coil mounts come pre-welded when these are added to the truss order, lower control arm mounts and swaybar mounts do NOT come welded to the truss
- Our coil mounts include mounting provisions for retaining the factory trackbar and shock mounts
- Disclaimer regarding wheelbase changes: TNT is not responsible for the incompatibility or failure of another manufacturer’s control arms to work. TNT recommends checking with your suspension manufacturer regarding compatibility of their control arms before performing any wheelbase changes.